Even More in Love with America

I just came back from my annual "girls" vacation with a friend to Utah National Parks: Capital Reef, Escalante, Bryce and Zion.  Each time we saw the magnificent rock shapes and "kodachrome" colors, we yelled, "This is America!" Unfortunately, I found out only 20% of tourists in these places of the World Wonders are Americans, and 80% are foreigners who apparently appreciate the beauty of America more than her citizens.  It's sad, but I hope the major reason for such neglect is Americans thinking, "It's right here, in my backyard, and I'll have time to get there later," and they instead tour Europe. next time you plan your vacation, please go to your "backyard".

1 comment:

  1. I agree... The U.S. and its territories are vast, and span enough climate zones and types of terrain to offer the country's citizens the convenience of visiting many "worlds" -- to be exact, all 58 that carry the designation of National Parks.

    All this, without ever really leaving "home."

    Here is one easy to browse site, which contains a gallery of photos from across the different parks:

    http://www.americasbestidea.com/index.html

    ReplyDelete